Last Saturday, I went on a date with two of my male friends. And it was perfect. So, what did we do? We did three things:
1) We went to the theatre.
2) We had delicious (like homemade) ice cream.
3) We drank craft beer and ate amazing foooood.
In that order. What more could one ask for, right? Let me elaborate….
The evening started out with a visit to Sacred Fool’s Theatre in Hollywood for the final and sold out showing of, “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?” This was the inspiration for Bladerunner and based on a Philip Dick novel by the same name.
The acting was outstanding. It was an interesting, bizarre story, as we all know if you’ve seen Bladerunner. (The stories are different, but similar.) Aside from great casting, acting, and costume design, the stage props and use of multimedia was also impressive.
Next, since it was still open after the show, we headed to Scoops and had some ice cream. That looked something like this:
Finally, we headed to the Faculty for some craft beer and food. I love love love love gastropubs like these! And here’s my souvenir from that portion of the evening:
So, if you are looking for something fun to do on any given weekend or even week night, you have a plan! Oh, and it’s all on Heliotrope, which is the name of a purple flower, and just off Melrose.
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (artificialintelligence2013.wordpress.com)
- Ice cream flavor honors Ron Burgundy (newsnet5.com)
- Book Review: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (Philip K. Dick) (keepwatchingthewords.wordpress.com)
- Philip K. Dick – The Man Who Remembered the Future (disinfo.com)
- “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep” – by Philip K. Dick (moron4hire.tumblr.com)
- 10 Fun + Creative Date Nights (twohotcoffees.com)
[…] The Perfect Saturday Night Date, Except it wasn’t a Date (LAUnveiled.com / City 2 Suburbia Blog) […]